385 Orchard Street

Year Rehab Completed: 

385 Orchard Street is a late Greek Revival style frame house constructed in 1866 for William H. Barton who was a melodeon maker and piano tuner, employed by B. Shoninger Company. By the early 1980s, this house had fallen into such a state of disrepair that neighborhood residents felt that it was about to collapse. Indeed, it was the most dilapidated structure in the entire Dwight/Edgewood area.